Adamu Mu’azu, a former governor of Bauchi state and the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has decried the culture of ‘using and dumping’ of members in the party, saying it must stop.
He also stated that the culture had reached ‘fratricidal’ proportions and must be truncated.
Listed below are some of the most striking quotes from Mr. Mu’azu’s address.
1.“The developing culture of using and dumping has reached fratricidal proportions in the PDP and it must end.”
2. “You cannot be changing chairmen and NWC every year and still have cohesion, which is a vital ingredient of winning. “
3. Lessons of candidate imposition, deepening of internal democracy in our party and other obvious lessons we need to learn from the outcome of the 2015 elections.
4. “Therefore, what I consider the most stupid thing going on within our party at the moment is the gale of defections.”
5. “The result of the 2015 presidential election is the elixir the party needs to reinvent itself and retake power in 2019″
6. “Our game plan is to provide a virile opposition to the new government, which we have already graciously given a lifeline by conceding defeat and avoiding a calamitous battle in the courts.”
7. “It is therefore time for our great party to reinvent ourselves, show great maturity and map out a strategy that will return us to power in 2019.”
8. “It is also time to end the spate of in-fighting and blame games currently dominating the political discourse among our membership and the leadership.”
9. We must note that when the going gets tough, only the tough like the PDP can get going.”
10. We can shock the APC with our usual resilience and ability to turn the tables particularly as they are already developing a tottering ineptitude in their transition progression to power.”