The National Agency for Food & Drug Administration & Control has shut down Chocolat Royal.
Officials from the agency closed down the eatery’s headquarters at Plot 267A Etim Inyang Crescent, Victoria Island last Tuesday.
According to reports, the outfit was shut down because:
1. The company was reportedly using products which had expired as far back as 2004 to prepare meals.
2. Most of the products did not have descriptions in English and were therefore not registered by NAFDAC.
3. The products were stored in 40ft cold rooms which were built on sewage tanks and in front of toilets.
4. Some of the expired products had maggots in them.
5. Amin Moussalli, who owns the outfit, along with various media outlets, reportedly travels abroad to source for and purchase close-to-expiry products.