The President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan has on Wednesday confirmed Senator Musiliu Obanikoro and seven others as ministers and also assigned portfolios before the commencement of the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting. Vanguard report.
Those assigned by the President include;
1. Mr. Kenneth Kobani (State, Industry, Trade and Investment)
2. Senator Patricia Akwashiki (Information)
3. Senator Musiliu Obanikoro (State, Foreign Affairs II)
4. Prof. Nicholas Ada (State, Foreign Affairs I)
5. Col. Augustine Akobundu (retd.) (State, Defence)
6. Mr. Fidelis Nwankwo (State, Health)
7. Mrs. Hauwa Bappa (State, Niger Delta Affairs)
8. Senator Joel Ikenya (Labour and Productivity).
President Jonathan also approved the appointment of Mr. Samuel Ogungbesan as Acting Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).
Mr. Ogungbesan, a Coordinating Director at FIRS, replaced Alhaji Kabiru Mashi who has served as acting Executive Chairman of the agency since 2012.
The appointment takes immediate effect.