With barely less than 30 hours to the commencement of the long anticipated presidential election, stakeholders and voters are hereby advised to eschew from these poll crimes or go to jail.
The Nigerian Police Force spokesperson, Emmanuel Ojukwu as stated vehemently that anyone caught violating this electoral offence will be prosecuted severely.
Here are the 15 Electoral offences;
1. Impeding of electorates from voting
2. Declaring of false election result
3. Casting of votes twice or more
4. Revealing another voters ballot paper information
5. Being in possession of another person’s voter card
6. Misconduct at polling units.
7. Canvassing for votes.
8. Promoting slogans of a political party.
9. Carrying guns, sticks, stones or other dangerous weapons at polling units.
10. Loitering at a polling unit.
11. The use of siren.
12. Snatching or destroying ballot boxes or card readers.
13. Holding public meetings during election hours on Election Day,
14. Wearing or carrying badge or poster of a political party.
15. Threatening to inflict injury on any person or persons at a polling unit.