With barely 5 days to the commencement of the presidential election, the 10 steps on how to vote was published by VanguardNg to enable Nigerians understand the fundamentals and avoid difficulties on election day.
1. You can only vote at the polling unit where you registered.
2. Accreditation begins at 8 am and ends by 1 pm.
3. Voting commences at 1:30 pm or whenever the accreditation process ends.
4. The Presiding Officer will explain voting procedures to you, if you are registered and accredited.
5. You will receive voting materials which includes; a stamped, signed and dated ballot paper.
6. When casting your vote, place your thumb-prints in only one box, that is the box of his or her chosen party.
7. It is highly important that you fold your ballot paper vertically inward and place it in the ballot box.
8. Do not to write anything or make any other mark on the ballot except for your thumb-print as anything to the contrary will invalidate the vote.
9. Priority will be given to physically challenged persons, nursing mothers and the elderly who cannot stay long on the queue.
10. Presiding officers will check the cuticle of your appropriate finger/thumb-nail to confirm that you are accredited and issue you a number tag for easy location of your voter’s name on the Register.
Best of lucks!!