What’s your criteria when you pick your Top 10 Nollywood actors?
Handsome, sharp, talented, sexy, stylish, young and old? These are my top 10 Nollywood actors and why I love them:
- O.C UKEJE: After winning the reality TV show; Amstel Box Office (AMBO) in 2007, Okechukwu Chukwudi Ukeje has starred in many movies following his first screen appearance in White Waters with Joke Silva and Rita Dominic in 2008 like Half of A Yellow Sun; a movie adaptation of a novel written by Chimamanda Adichie and Black Awakening produced by Jeta Amata that also featured Hollywood stars like Kim Bassinger and Vivica Fox. O.C has also won series of awards including Best Actor in a drama at the 2013 Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards for his role in the movie “Two Brides And A Baby”.
Okechukwu is super talented and makes acting look almost effortless. He is a natural and acts his role out perfectly. A super duper fine boy with a good fashion sense, it is no wonder we love him.
- JOSEPH BENJAMIN: co-star of the Mahmood Ali Balogun’s movie; Tango with me alongside one of Nollywood’s dopest actresses, Genevieve Nnaji and played one of the lead roles in the movie “Mr and Mrs”, Benjamin has proven to be one of the actors Nigerians long and love to see on their TV screens. The tall, dark and handsome father of two/actor/television show host is great at what he does and that is why we love him. Joseph has won numerous awards for his exceptional movie roles and one of them is the African Actor of the Year in 2012.
- EMMANUEL IKUBESE: Trained by Lai Ashadele; a legendary Nigerian actor himself, Emmanuel is one of those actors you can never get tired of seeing on your TV screen. He played one of the lead roles in the MTV’s award winning series Shuga as Femi the ladies man. He is an artist and also a model. Also widely known as 9con, he has appeared in TV commercials for many products and organizations like FAFA (Fashion For Peace), MCSK (Marketing Society of Kenya), Airwick Air Freshener and Guinness. The delta born actor won the Mr Nigeria beauty pageant and was the 1st runner up in the recently concluded Mr. World contest.
A mixture or beauty, brains, talent and a gorgeous body, Emmanuel has won the heart of so many people.
- CHUKS CHUKWUJEKWU: he made his debut professional appearance in the movie titled “Private Storm” in 2009 and has since featured in lots of movies like Cobra, Commandment 7, Forgetting June, Finding Mercy and TV series like Tinsel and Catwalq. Chuks has also acted in Flower Girl and Knocking on heaven’s door. Bola Aduwo of Nollywood Access described the awesome actor as a breathe of fresh air. He is said to have all the qualities of a leading Nollywood actor; good looking, suave and articulate.
Blossom Chuks Chukwujekwu is a sight for sore eyes anytime any day. We do not just love his face and body, we love the fact that he is one of those actors that are turning nollywood around for good.
- MAJID MICHEL: nominee for Best Actor in Leading Role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014 and winner of the award in 2012, the Ghanaian actor has starred in more than 30 movies as a lead actor including the nollywood movie Knocking on Heaven’s Door. Majid is known for his bad boy and lover boy roles and we all love the bad guy turned lovestruck guy. The light skinned handsome boy is one to anticipate for because he brings life into his movies.
- NWACHUKWU UTI: with a to-die for body, a gorgeous face and a voice like the summer sun, the former BBA winner is one guy anyone can watch all day long without getting tired. The co-host of the television show Jara and many other television shows and a super model, Uti is one great actor. He has featured in many movies like finding mercy, bursting out, in the cupboard and so on.
- ODUNLADE ADEKOLA: found in the yoruba section of nollywood, Odun is one guy that has a natural talent when it comes to acting. From village boy to a lover boy to a bad boy to a comedian, he knows how to work the scene. He is funny, witty and very serious when he wants to be. He is the sweetheart of “yollywood” and there is no doubt he has earned the title truthfully.
- OLU JACOBS: timeless is one word to describe this man of greatness. He is a legend no one can never get tired of watching. Olu Jacobs is one of the pioneers of Nollywood and a force to reckon with in the industry. He is, doubtless, one of the best things that has ever happened to the Nigerian Film Industry.
- GABRIEL AFOLAYAN: born from a lineage of great, talented actors, it is not a surprise that Gabriel is one of the film industry’s sweetheart. Shuffling between yoruba and the English scenes, he has proven himself to be one to always look out for. Coupled with his talent as an actor, he is a wonderful singer. His “kokoro Ife” topped many musical charts following its release.
- FEMI ADEBAYO: the son of one of nollywood’s best, Femi has shown to the world that talent runs in the Adebayo family. For most people who love Yoruba movies, Femi Adebayo has to star in the movie for them to watch it. He plays diverse roles like spoilt brat, village boy, tout, mad man, lover boy, bad guy and for each role, he brings the necessary emotions and actions into it. Femi has given the yoruba movie industry a new outlook. The fine, chubby guy is indeed a blessing to nollywood at large.