The Advocacy for Societal Rights Advancement and Development Initiative (ASRADI) has summoned the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act to demand from the Nigerian Army (NA) and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) details of the All Progressives Congress’ presidential candidate, General Muhammadu. Buhari (rtd.)
The group, In separate letters to the two institutions signed by its Executive Director, Deolu Oyinlola, gave NA and INEC seven days within which to respond to the request.
ASRADI ordered INEC to provide it answers to the following questions:
1. Did Major-General (rtd) submit any academic certificate(s) when he contested presidential elections in 2003, 2007 and 2011?
2. Has Major-General Mohammadu Buhari submitted any academic certificate(s) in respect of the upcoming February 14, 2015 presidential election?
3. Does an affidavit in lieu of academic certificates not require a candidate to list their academic qualifications and certificates obtained?
4. Did Major-General Muhammadu Buhari submit a birth certificate or sworn affidavit of age to the Commission in 2003, 2007 and 2011?
5. Has Major-General Muhammadu Buhari submitted a birth certificate or sworn affidavit of age in respect of the upcoming February, 14, 2015 presidential election?