I bet you have only know two presidential aspirants. Well, The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Saturday released the list of the presidential candidates to run in the 2015 elections.
- President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP),
- General Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC),
- Prof. Comfort Oluremi Sonaiya of Kowa Party,
- Ambrose Albert of Hope Democratic Party,
- Ganiyu Galadima of Allied Congress Party of Nigeria,
- Rafiu Salau of Alliance for Democracy,
- Godson Okoye of United Democratic Party,
- Dr. Nani Ibrahim Ahmad of African Democratic Congress,
- Martin Onovo of National Conscience Party,
- Tunde Anifowoshe-Kelani of Action Alliance, and
- Chekwas Okorie of United Progressive Party.
Their corresponding running mates are:
- Vice-President, Namadi Sambo of PDP,
- Prof. Yemi Osinbajo of APC,
- Saidu Bobboi of Kowa Party,
- Haruna Shaba of Hope Democratic Party,
- Balarabe Ahmed of ACPN,
- Prof. Clinton Cliff Akuchie (AD),
- Haruna Adamu of United Democratic Party,
- Obianuju Murphy-Uzohue of African Democratic Congress
- Ibrahim Mohammed of NCP,
- Comrade Paul Ishaka Ofomile of Action Alliance), and
- Bello Umar of United Progressive Party.
INEC’s deadline for the submission of names was December 25 and the commision provided this list in line with the provisions of the Electoral Act; saying the grounds for qualification are as specified in Sections 65′ 106, 131 and 177 of the 1999 Constitution.
The electoral agency said Nigerians are free to screen the particulars and raise issues if they think any candidate should be disqualified.
Who will you be voting for?