I’ve been having problems helping a friend sync his Itunes on IOS8 until i saw this tutorial/fix from IMore a couple of days back and i’ve decided to share, all credits of this article goes to Allyson Kazmucha of Imore.com
How to fix music syncing issues with iTunes and iOS 8
- Plug in your iPhone or iPad running iOS 8 or higher and launch iTunes.
- Select your iPhone from the dropdown menu.
- Select Music in the side navigation panel.
- Uncheck the box for Sync Music and then click Apply or Sync.
- Once the sync is complete, recheck the box for Sync Music and hit Apply or Sync again.
- Unplug your iPhone or iPad and see if your music is back.
NOTE: make sure that you don’t have iTunes Match enabled in Settings > Music.