The Question: Will You RSVP For The Hottest Event On Valentine’s Day 2015?

share on:
On February 14, 2015 Nigerians will have an opportunity to show how much they love their country by exercising their civic responsibility. How you ask? By Voting!
To vote in next year’s elections, you need your permanent voter’s card.
If you registered in 2011, what you have is a temporary card. In Lagos, Ogun, Plateau, Rivers, Imo, Edo, Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Niger, Nassarawa, Adamawa and Borno you can exchange them from Friday, Nov 7 – Sunday, Nov 9 at the polling unit where you voted in 2011.
If you’ve lost your card, just show up with another form of ID and you’ll get your permanent card.
If you were not 18 years old in January 2011 or you chose not to participate, you have the opportunity to register fromThursday, November 13 – Monday, November 17.
REMEMBER, once this registration window is open you will not be able to register again before the February elections.
If you have moved residences since 2011, follow the steps below to transfer your card to your current location.

Step 1

–         The person who intends to transfer his registration will write an application to  INEC’s Resident Electoral Commissioner of the State  where he is currently residing.

Step 2

–         The applicant will attach his voters card to the application.

Step 3

–         The applicant must apply to the Resident Electoral Commissioner not later than 30 days before the date of an election in the constituency where he is residing.

Step 4-

–         The Resident Electoral Commissioner will direct the Electoral Officer of the applicants Local Government Area to enter his name  in the transferred voters list.

Step 5-

–         The Electoral Officer will assign the applicant to a polling unit in his constituency.

Step 6-

–         The Electoral Officer will issue the applicant with a new voters card

Step 7-

–         The Electoral officer will retrieve the applicants previous voters card

Step 8-

–          He will then send a copy of the entry to the Electoral officer of the constituency where the person whose name has been so entered was originally registered.

Step 9-

–          Upon receipt of this entry, that Electoral Officer shall delete the name from his voters list.

–         Note- Apart from  State Headquarters Offices of INEC, applicants can also submit their applications at the INEC Office in their Local Government Areas. The applications will be forwarded to the Resident Electoral Commissioner for necessary action.

If you have any other questions, you can contact the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)’s Citizen Contact Center:, @inecnigeria, 07098116381, 07098115257, 07098117563 and 07098110916
Public Service Announcement by EiE Nigeria
360nobs Editor

360nobs Editor

Writer. Author. Blogger. Editor.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.