Football Legend Pele “Getting Better” After Being Admitted Into Intensive Care

share on:

After getting admitted into an hospital in Sao Paolo for a urinary infection, Brazilian football legend Pele is now doing fine.

A Pele adviser, Jose Fornos Rodrigues, said that the 74-year-old was “doing fine” and could be discharged as early as Friday.

“The problem was that he was receiving too many visitors and that wasn’t helping, so they transferred him to a calmer area to continue receiving the proper treatment,” Rodrigues told the Associated Press.

The hospital earlier sparked a scare by announcing that Pele had been taken to a special care unit because of “clinical instability”. That led to reports that the former striker’s condition had worsened but the hospital stated that he was not in intensive care.

Pelé was admitted to Albert Einstein hospital on Tuesday with a urinary infection, two weeks after undergoing kidney surgery there for the removal of stones.

Wana

Wana

Quo non Ascendam. Writer. E-mail: wana@360nobs.com

Leave a Reply