Lagos State Government celebrates the first horn-free-day today, and in a bid to observe this commemoration, the state government has deployed 1,000 duty officers from both LASTMA and VIS to supervise motorist compliance.
On the newly introduced horn-free day, all motorists plying routes in the state are not expected to horn, while driving throughout the day.
The purpose of the horn-free day is;
– To checkmate excess noise in the environment
– To cultivate respect for other road users
– To maintain Law and Order governing the road
– To improve road use courtesy
– To avoid the indiscriminate use of horn
– To be a defensive driver.
– To develop better road-user friendly (BRF) Lagosians
Already, the leadership of LASTHMA, NURTW and VIS are aware and they have in turn directed members to abide by the horn-free day and to ensure that they do not horn throughout the day.
It would be called that we posted on 5th Sept, about Lagos to declare today Horn Free Day.
We just hope that commercial vehicle owners and Lagosians in general would comply with the horn-free day!