Stretch marks are not anybody’s best friend. Anybody who has it hates the ugly discolored lines on her body. Though some are hereditary, stretch mark is as a result of pregnancy, loosing weight or gaining weight. Stretch marks can make you feel conscious and uncomfortable about your appearance. It can make you wear clothes that are not for your body type just because you want to cover up those marks. Some spend heavily on buying stretch marks removal creams but they’ve not helped. Not to worry, there are several natural ways to remove stretch marks from your body without spending much.
- Water: Keeping your body well hydrated protects the skin from many kinds of problem. Drink one or two glasses of water several times a day. According to experts, minimum of 10 glasses per day keeps your body well hydrated. It will restore elasticity which is necessary in getting rid of stretch marks. Avoid tea, coffee and soda as they cause dehydration.
- Sugar: Natural white sugar is one of the natural remedies for getting rid of stretch marks. Mix a tablespoon of sugar with almond oil and a few drop of lemon juice. Mix it well and apply on the areas where stretch marks are (or other areas of your body if you want) and gently rub them on the skin for at least 10 minutes every day before taking your bath. Try this for a month and see your stretch marks become lighter. You can also use this exfoliate your skin.
- Aloe Vera: this is very effective in treating many skin problems. You can rub your aloe vera gel directly on the affected skin area and leave it on for several minutes before rinsing it with lukewarm water. You can also mix one-fourth cup of aloe vera gel with oil from 10 vitamin E capsules and oil from 5 vitamin A capsules. Rub the mixture into the skin until fully absorbed and repeat this process daily.
- Potato Juice: potato juice contains minerals and vitamins that foster growth and restoration of skin cells. Potato juice can be used on stretch marks by cutting a medium sized potato into thick slices, take one of those potato slices and rub it gently on the stretch marks for a few minutes, making sure that the juice from the potato covers the affected skin area. Allow the potato juice to dry for a while and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Lemon Juice: Rub lemon juice gently onto the stretch marks in a circular motion. Allow the lemon juice to soak into your skin for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. Another method is to mix equal quantities of cucumber juice and lemon juice and apply the mixture on the stretch marks.
Cocoa butter, castor oil, Olive oil and egg whites are other natural remedies for stretch marks, burns, cuts and other skin problems. They are safer and cheaper than the chemically induced removal creams.