On Tuesday, gunmen suspected to be Fulani herdsmen raided three communities in Sanga local government area in the southern part of Kaduna and killed about 32 villagers and also killed a soldier and injured four other soldiers in the ambush. The attack was confirmed to newsmen by the vice chairman of Sanga local government area, Mr Bulus Mande and national president, Ninzom development youth, Mr Bezah Wuyah, but the public relation officer of one mechanized division Nigerian army Kaduna, colonel Abdul Usman said he had been away from Kaduna and could not confirm the killing of a soldier in an ambush.
However the youth leader Wuyan told newsmen that the gunmen ambushed a military patrol van that was crossing a bridge from Fadan Karshi to Karshi Daji and fired at the soldiers, killing one and injuring four in the process. They then moved in three groups, one went to Fadan Karshi where they killed 12 people including the wife of a respectable retired reverend, Jacob Aku, who was burnt to ashes in the attack, and burnt down 20 houses and injured scores; another to Karshi Dija, where they killed 20 people and burnt down several houses.
He also said that those that attacked Unguwan Ganye were still in place.