Army Kills Over 200 Boko Haram Members In Fierce Battle

share on:

The Nigerian military attached to the 7 Division massacred no fewer than 200 members of the Boko haram sect who were on revenge mission to Konduga local government area of Borno State.

Yesterday, it was reported that the troops repelled a Boko Haram attack on Konduga. It was learnt that the incident started at about 6pm on Tuesday, just some few minutes after traders had closed from their businesses at the Konduga Main Market.

According to reports, the troops recovered more than six vehicles including an armoured tank with Arabic inscription; Rocket-Propelled Launchers, anti-aircraft guns, assorted number of AK-47 rifles with ammunition from the terrorists.

Meanwhile the Director of Army Public Relations, Brigadier-General Olajide Laleye in a statement said:

“In an attempt to regain the momentum they lost in Konduga last week, Boko Haram terrorists again attacked Konduga on Tuesday night. However, the terrorists were denied their objective by vigilant and gallant Nigerian Army troops. During the fight, several terrorists were killed and those fleeing Konduga with gunshot wounds were being pursued.

“Also, three Hilux vehicles with mounted machine and anti-aircraft guns, one Mowag Armoured Personnel Carrier and assorted arms and ammunition have been recovered.

“Troops’ morale and combat efficiency remain high. Further details about the engagement are being awaited. It must be noted that the renewed morale, fighting spirit and combat efficiency of troops have been boosted by new strategies devised by the Armed Forces of Nigeria and the support of well meaning members of the public.

“Therefore, the Nigerian Army implores the public to continue to support the military and other security agencies engaged in the on-going operation to rid Nigeria of blood-letting insurgents and ruthless religious extremists.”

Elsewhere, a resident of Konduga, who is also a member of civilian JTF, Mallam Ali Usman Bulama told Vanguard that hundreds of dead bodies of the Boko Haram members were scattered on the streets and bushes around Konduga as at yesterday, while many of those injured fled into Sambisa Forest with bullet wounds.

Another civilian JTF member in one of the sector commands in Maiduguri, Abubakar Babagana said scores of the Boko Haram sect who had laid ambushed for motorists and passengers along Maiduguri-Potiskum- Kano road, yesterday, were overpowered as the troops detached to the area engaged them in a fight.

Meanwhile, Defence spokesman, Major-General Chris Olukolade in a text message to Vanguard, yesterday giving an update on Konduga attack said as at 6:42pm yesterday that Konduga was still under attack but that troops are engaging another large number of heavily armed terrorists trying to enter the town.

He said “the troops are determined to frustrate the desperate efforts of terrorists against Konduga.”

Datboyjerry

Datboyjerry

I am but your herald boy in the art of the pen.. An eccentric Environmental Biologist smouldered in the glorious epiphany of online journalism. If you ever find my article unduly insipid, sue me and i’ll refund you...

Leave a Reply