Presidency chides Fashola over attack on Jonathan

share on:

The Presidency has condemned the Governor of Lagos State, Mr. BAbatunde Fashol(SAN) over his attack on President Goodluck Jonathan at the lecture to celebrate the 50th birthday of a former Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Timipriye Silva in Abuja on Thursday.

The Presidency said it was not true as alleged by Fashola that the Federal Government has been inactive for the last three years and that it was planning to give the electorate kerosene, rice and money for the purpose of seeking their votes.

Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, who spoke at a press briefing in  Abuja, said Fashola might have been too occupied in Lagos and that this might have narrowed his vision or precluded him from appreciating lofty developments by the president administration in the country.

He said it was  also not correct that the President had lied to Nigerians on the issue of insurgency, which he described as a global phenomenon.

Okupe said that as its peak, insurgency ravaged some 12 states in the north, including the Federal Capital  Territory,  Abuja.

But today, he said he was happy that “because of the courage, resilience and capability of the armed forces and security agencies,” the insurgency had been pushed to the fringes of the north eastern parts of the country.

While agreeing that there were challenges, he nevertheless said that the government was giving its best attention and conversations possible.

On the issue of the alleged missing of $49b from the NNPC account, Okupe said it was regrettable that even some of the best among Nigerians would in the name of politics descend to the level of belligerent liars to continue to propagate a confirmed falsehood.

He said even the originator of the story had since changed the fugues for at least three times and that yet, none had been substantiated. 

KingFemii

KingFemii

Music, Gossips and Pepsi keeps me going. You should follow on twitter @kingfemii

Leave a Reply