A baby in San Diego named A.J. Taylor has been described as doctors as “lucky” after he survived 3 rattlesnake bites.
Relatives told KGTV that A.J. was bitten on the stomach as he played Friday on the patio of his grandparent’s home in Jamul, about 20 miles east of San Deigo. He was able to return to the home Saturday, where he is recovering nicely.
Grandmother Dian Taylor said she hopes what happened to A.J. can be a lesson to others because the heat is bringing out the rattlesnakes and they blend in so well that you can’t see them and they strike so fast, it’s hard to get away from them.
The doctor says if more venom had been released into the boy’s system, he could have died.