Tiwa Savage is a Nigerian singer and songwriter signed to Mavin Records. She is known for her beauty, wonderful vocals and entertaining music videos.
Hairven has decided to walk you through her music video history using pictures, which highlight her hairstyles in each video. Then, we will place a VERDICT on if she is adventurous (or not) with her hairstyles.
In 2010, Tiwa released the video for her hit single “Kele Kele Love”. She rocked a center part BODY WAVE long weave and side bangs BODY WAVE long weave.
In 2011, she released “Love me (x3)”. In this video, she rocked two hairstyles
- Centre part STRAIGHT long weave
- Side bangs BODY WAVE long weave; she incorporated spiral curls
So far, it seems like Tiwa Savage has a thing for centre part and side bangs.
By 2012, Tiwa was the leading female singer in Nigeria; the hottest as most would say. She released two videos that year:
1. In “Ife Wa Gbona” she had on:
- Corn rolls, and
- An all back, clip in puffy half-wig; which she parted into two pigtails.
2. Oma Ga, she went back to her side bangs BODY WAVE; with some blow-dry curls.
In 2013 Tiwa Savage dropped three hot videos:
1. She started the year off with “Without my heart” featuring Don Jazzy. She had on:
- A long, and very curly low pony tail
- A high pony tail in a bun
- A pixie cut wig
- Centre part; long, straight hair
2. Olorun Mi is a subtle, heart felt song. Not much went on in the video. She had on her usual side bangs (long and straight). At some point in the video, she had it pined up in the back, curled her side bangs to create the illusion she had on short hair (and a different look at that).
3. In Eminado she went all out:
- She rocks this badass Afro wig
- Full bangs; long, straight weave
- Centre part; long, straight weave
- No part; straight, short weave (looks natural, could pass for her hair)
- Side bangs; bob
Our Hairvenly Verdict:
Tiwa Savage started off playing it safe, but she has evolved over time adding some hair spice in her videos. She’s quite adventurous, but there’s room for more hair play. She should add some colour to her hairstyles besides neutral colours – black and brown.