The father of Nigerian wonderkid Kelechi Iheanacho has said the his child will only be signing a deal with Premier League outfit Manchester City.
Iheanacho was named the best player at the 2013 Under-17 World Cup after scoring six goals, including one in the final, as his country triumphed in the United Arab Emirates.
He has since been linked with moves to Porto and Chelsea in his homeland, but his father, James, has claimed that the Etihad Stadium will be his next destination.
“As I am talking to you, I have chosen in my mind that Kelechi is going to Manchester United,” he told Super Sport’s Monday Night Football, before appearing to correct himself: “I have told you that he is going to Manchester City.”
He later confirmed to MTNFootball.com that the player’s family made a joint decision on where he would play in a meeting on Monday night: “We prayed [Monday] and after due consultations with family members, we came up with Manchester City believing he has a future there. That is where he will be uplifted.”
The young striker had been declared missing by his father on Friday after he had left his home in Owerri without alerting his family, but returned early on Monday morning before a decision on his future was made.
James has been integral in his son’s fledgling career, with rumours that he had valued the starlet at €1 million, but he has denied the claims: “No, those people are my enemies. I never said that.”