The BIG Reveal! Top Designers Lanre DaSilva Ajayi & Mai Atafo are the Mentors on MultiChoice Nigeria presents The Fashion Protégé
Future contestants, it is time to meet your mentors!
As celebrated leaders in the African Fashion Industry, Lanre DaSilva Ajayi & Mai Atafo have taken African Fashion beyond borders. They have paved the way for the younger generation of creatives and inspired many of them to take that leap of faith to pursue their dream in fashion.
Ohimai Atafo of MAI Inspired is renowned designer in Bridal, Menswear & Women’s occasion wear. Favoured immensely by a long list of celebrity clientele, Mai Atafo’s designs have been worn by Stephanie Okereke, Mercy Johnson, Ramsey Nouah, Banky W, D’banj, 2Face, M.I and many others. As a fashion artist, Mai Atafo continues to create and inspire through his lifestyle brand.
Lanre Da Silva Ajayi (LDA) is the founder of the eponymous design label that is a fashion favorite among the media, celebrities and fashion lovers. LDA has been featured in various African and international media including L’Uomo Vogue and is currently stocked at the Dolce & Gabbana Spiga2 Concept Store located in Milan, Italy.
Renowned for their efforts to participate in the growth of the African Fashion Industry, these iconic designers are ready to impart knowledge and make a Fashion Star out of you!
About MultiChoice presents the Fashion Protégé : As MultiChoice celebrates its 20th anniversary, the show has been created to nurture and promote the next generation of Nigerian creative talent. The Fashion Protégé is a 5-episode Nigerian reality television series that will air on DSTV’s AfricaMagic.
- N1,000,000 (1 Million)
- Mentorship by a renowned Nigerian designer
- International Fashion Trip
- Cover feature for DSTV Magazine
- Special Feature Interview on BellaNaija
- Feature in a Top Fashion Magazine
- Lookbook by a Top Photographer
How to Enter
• Read all there is to know about MultiChoice Nigeria • Design a piece inspired by MultiChoice Nigeria
• Create your masterpiece (you can enlist a tailor if you don’t have sewing skills)
• Take a photo of your piece, write a short note on the MultiChoice inspiration and submit via any of the 3 entry methods.
• Spread the word! (Twitter, Facebook, BBM, Instagram)
Entry Methods : There are 3 ways to enter. You can choose ANY of the methods. You do not need to apply via multiple ways.
1. Via email – email@example.com | Photo must be accompanied by a short explanation of how design is inspired by MultiChoice Nigeria.
2. Via DSTV website – www.dstv.com/News/Are-you-Nigeria-s-next-big-fashion-star-/34565
3. Via DStv Nigeria’s Facebook page (Voters’ Choice) – fashionprotege.pgtb.me/SwZFSb
Deadline: Entries close Monday 18 November 2013 at 23:59 GMT
Strategic Partners: BellaNaija.com, Touch of Glamour
Online Media Partners: 360Nobs.com, ThirdWorldProfashional, OneNigerianBoy, OloriSuperGal, ForStyleSake.
Photo Credit: Style Mania Magazine | Mai Atafo PR