The Moto G has officially been annoucned and unlike the Moto X which was only made available in The United States and some parts of South America, The Moto G will be available to purchase worldwide and that also includes Nigeria
Now that Motorola made the Moto G official and we have the rundown on specs and features, as well as the all-important price information. Is the Moto G worth more praise than its spec sheet suggests? will shall find out
Motorola this morning at an event in Sao Paulo, Brazil, announced the lower-cost Moto G Android smartphone.
It’s a smartphone that has a premium experience but cost quite a little,” said product manager Charlie Tritschler.
Moto G’s got a 4.5-inch display at 720p. It’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor at 1.2 GHz and sports 1GB of RAM. Motorola’s pushed a 2070 mAh into this thing, noting 14 hours of talk time. Moto’s touting that “all day” battery life line again. The Moto G comes with 50GB of bonus Google Drive storage for two years.
And as you’d expect, it’s running Android 4.3 out of the box, with an update to Android 4.4 “guaranteed” by January 2014, Moto’s Punit Soni said.
Motorola Moto G specifications
|Display||4.5-inchLCD, HD (1280 x 720), 326ppi|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, quad-core @ 1.2GHz, Adreno 305|
|Cameras||5 MP rear LED flash, 1.3 MP front|
|Connectivity||GPS, GLONASS, microUSB, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE|
|OS||Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, KitKat update guaranteed|
|Dimensions||129.9 x 65.9 x 6-11.6mm|
|Colors||Black/White, replaceable colored backplates|
The Moto G will be priced at just 29 thousand naira for 8GB version and for 16GB, you’ll pay just 32 thousand naira.
It’ll go on sale this week in Brazil and parts of Europe. After that come Latin America, Canada and some parts of Asia. Moto G will be available in the U.S., India, the Middle East, Africa and more of Asia in January.
As for Software-wise, Moto G runs a clean, “stock” version of Android.
Official availability info:
Moto G goes on sale this week in Brazil and parts of Europe and will be available within the next few weeks throughout Latin America, Europe, Canada and parts of Asia. It will be available in the US, India, the Middle East and more of Asia in early January. Moto G will be in more than 30 countries with 60 partners by 2014.
In the US, Moto G will be sold on Motorola.com, with no contract, no SIM lock and an unlockable bootloader for USD$179 with 8GB of storage and USD$199 for 16GB. Moto G will also be available through various carriers and retailers.
Here are the complete Moto G specs:
- Operating system: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (to be updated to Android 4.4 KitKat in Janurary 2014)
- Display: 4.5-inch display at 1280×720 resolution. 329 ppi
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor at 1.2GHz. (MSM 8×26, Adreno 305)
- RAM: 1 gigabyte
- Storage: 8GB or 16GB, two free years of 50GB on Google Drive
- Dimensions: 129.9 x 65.9 x 6.0-11.6 mm
- Weight: 143 grams
- Battery: 2070 mAh (non-removable)
- Rear camera: 5 megapixels, (4:3 for full resolution), LED flash, 4x digital zoom, slow motion video, burst mode, auto HDR, panorama, tap-to-focus
- Front camera: 1.3 megapixels
- Video capture: 720p (front anrear) at 30 fps
- Networks: GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz); UMTS (850/900/1700/1900/2100 MHz); CDMA (850/1900 MHz). No LTE.
- Wifi: 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
- Location: GPS/GLONASS