Coroner Confirms ‘Glee’ Star Cory Monteith Died From A Mixture Of Heroin & Alcohol

share on:

Investigators from the British Columbia Coroners Service have concluded their work on the death of Glee star Cory Monteith in an hotel room.

The coroner’s final report issued Wednesday, confirmed initial findings that Monteith died from using intravenous heroin combined with alcohol.

The 31-year-old Canadian-born actor was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room July 13.

“I classify this death as accidental,” coroner Claire Thompson said in her report.

Monteith had checked into the hotel on July 6 and when he didn’t check out as expected on July 13, hotel staff entered his room and found him unresponsive on the floor. Two empty bottles of champagne were also found in the room.

“Mr. Monteith was found in a collapsed position the hotel room floor,” the report said. “It appeared that Mr. Monteith had been dead for several hours.”

Hotel video footage showed him returning alone to his room at 2:16 a.m. on July 13.

The investigation said Monteith had a history of illicit drug use with intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs. It said when people who have refrained from using opioids such as heroin for a while, their tolerance for the drug decreases.

Monteith was honored at the Emmy awards last month.

Wana

Wana

Quo non Ascendam. Writer. E-mail: wana@360nobs.com

5 comments

Leave a Reply