Forbes has released its annual list of politicians and financiers, entrepreneurs and CEOs, and billionaire philanthropists whose influence on the world matters most.
Russian president Vladimir Putin tops 2013’s list, pushing down Barack Obama of the US into 2nd place.
The first woman on the list is German chancellor Angela Merkel at number 5.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is among the youngest on list, with the 29-year old billionaire in at number 24.
Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote is the only African on the list, placed at number 64.
Check out the top 10 below.
1. Vladimir Putin, President of Russia.
2. Barack Obama, President of the United States.
3. Xi Jinping, General Secretary of the Communist Party, China.
4. Pope Francis, Pope of the Roman Catholic Church.
5. Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany.
6. Bill Gates, Co-Chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation.
7. Ben Bernanke, Chairmain of the Federal Reserve of the United States.
8. Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, King of Saudi Arabia.
9. Mario Draghi, President of the European Central Bank.
10. Michael Duke, CEO of Wal-Mart Stores.