Sony on Wednesday officially unveiled its next-gen Android smartphone, the Sony Xperia Z1 –previously known as the Honami.
TheSony Xperia Z1 is finally official, and we can check out its official specs sheet:
- Size: 144 x 74 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 170g
- 5-inch Full HD display (1920 x 1080 resolution) with TRILUMINOS and X-Reality technology
- 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with Adreno 330 graphics
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB of memory
- microSD support
- 20.7-megapixel Exmor RS CMOS image sensor with G Lens (27mm wide angle and F2.0 aperture), BIONZ for mobile and a suite of camera apps (Info-eye, AR Effect, Timeshift Burst, Social Live)
- 3000mAh battery
- IP55/IP58 rating – waterproof and dustproof
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Sony features on top
As expected, the Xperia Z1 will combine “the very best of Sony’s technology” in a “slim, waterproof and beautifully designed Android smartphone.”
We have the same aluminum frame and the same power switch button on the side, and a button and port layout the seem familiar – a dedicated camera button and lanyard hole is there as well. Furthermore, the front and back panels are both made of glass. That said, you’ll still be able to tell the Xperia Z1 apart from its older brothers.