Lastweek, l was at my mums and she had this gorgeous water dispenser full of cucumber water. The outcome? I effortlessly drank tons of water all weekend and noticed that my consumption had doubled my normal intake.
While there are a million and one dietary supplement drinks and even more recovery drinks out there for those trying to stay healthy, there is one alternative few people know about: cucumber water. That’s right. Place a slice of cucumber in your water, or place an entire sliced cucumber in a pitcher of water and you could help your body in more than one way….
1. lt enables you drink more water: We like things that taste good. Better tasting water just may prompt you to drink more of it. It worked for me.
2. It’s good for the muscles: lt contains silica, a trace mineral necessary to keep connective tissue healthy. Add a few slices to your workout water bottle and you are good to go.
3. It’s low calorie: An entire cucumber averages about 45 calories so a few slices in your water is not adding very many additional calories
4. It’s inexpensive: Cucumbers are the 4th most widely cultivated vegetable in the world.they are less expensive and readily available around us.
5. Guests love it: Add some extra wow to your table by adding a pitcher of cucumber water. Most people don’t take the trouble to make it at home, so they appreciate it so much more when served fancy water elsewhere.
In fact, there are tons of things you can do with a cucumber
1. Soothe Tired Eyes
Relax on your couch with a slice of ice-cold cucumber over each eye. The cooling sensation helps sooth red, tired eyes, while the high water content works to reduce puffiness and can even eliminate dark circles.
2. Enjoy as add on
3. use to make cocktail
you can add to your glass of cocktail mix i.e chapman,vodka mix e.t.c
4. Treat Yourself
Cucumber is a natural astringent, so a cucumber facial is cleansing and soothing. Slice some in your food processor or blender. Add a few mint leaves, a tablespoon of lemon juice and an egg white. Mix them all together and then smooth onto your clean face. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water. Follow with a splash of cool water to close your pores.
5. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower?
Try rubbing a cucumber slice along the mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance.
6. Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds?
Place a few slices in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
7. Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool?
Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for a few minutes, the phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!!!
8. Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache?
Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both a hangover and headache!!
9. Have an important meeting or job interview and you realize that you don’t have enough time to polish your shoes?
Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe, its chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water.
10. Looking for a ‘green’ way to clean your faucets, sinks or stainless steel?
Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean, not only will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but is won’t leave streaks and
won’t harm you fingers or fingernails while you clean.
11. Using a pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the cucumber and slowly use it to erase the pen writing, also works great on crayons and markers that the kids have used to decorate the walls!!
Once you have tried a handful of these things to do with a cucumber, don’t be surprised if you suddenly start looking for more to bring home. You may even come up with new ideas of your own!
Pass this along to everybody you know who is looking for better and safer ways to solve life’s everyday problems..
My name is Seyi Peters.Am Cool,Calm and Calculative…..Lover of food and his cousins.l run a catering/home delivery meal service…..To findout more follow me on twitter @seyipee2011.