I decided at the last minute to begin my 360kitchen recipes by sharing with you a simple and easy to make home dish.
Fried Rice with an added secret ingredient.
Today I present to you fried rice using the secret ingredient and the fried rice will be prepared the simple Thai way.
- 1 cup per boiled rice (local rice preferably)
- Little pepper to taste
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- Oil for stir frying
- 1 tea spoon salt to taste
- 2 cup of water
- 1 egg
- Cucumber and tomatoes to dress
Now the BIG reveal – the secret ingredient- 1 table spoon light soya sauce
I don’t know how many of us are fans of the soy sauce but l must confess that a little can make so much difference in your cooking.
For those of us wondering, soy sauce is made from fermented soy beans, wheat flour, salt and water. There are two main types of soy sauce, light and dark. The light soy sauce is lighter in color and saltier than the dark one. Always use light soy in recipes unless dark is specifically called for. The dark soy is thicker and blacker in color. Used mostly to add color and flavor to recipe.
- Per boil your rice
- Stir fry your frozen vegetables until fragrant, once heat season with a nice pinch of salt.
- Remove to a side platter and wipe out the wok/fry pan with dry paper towel
- Crack your egg into a bowl and add little soy sauce and mix
- Put your pan back on the heat and coat with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Heat your fry pan/wok and add 2 tablespoons oil when hot add the egg stirring until they are lightly scramble but not too fry
- Add the rice, pepper and toss with the egg until well combined, breaking up the rice clumps with the back of a spatula.
- Return the sautéed vegetables to the pan and season with salt and soy sauce to your taste
- Toss everything together to heat through
- Spoon the fried rice out onto a serving platter, and dress with cucumber and tomatoes.
If you end up trying this recipe please leave a comment to let us know how it went. Enjoy