Over the years, green tea has become increasingly famous around the world and can be found in a majority of households. Why? Because it is awesome. Not only does it taste better than the usual black tea, it has several health benefits as well.
Seriously. It is beyond amazing what a cup or two of green tea daily can do for your health. As a recently self-proclaimed health junkie, I took it upon myself to actually look up a couple of these benefits to share with everyone and here are a few of the numerous benefits I found on the internet:
- Green tea actually helps reduce cancer risk. Because the antioxidant in green tea is 24 times better than vitamin E and 100 times more effective than vitamin C, it protects cells in your body from certain damages linked to cancer.
- Green tea prevents heart diseases and stroke by lowering your level of cholesterol, and even if you’ve already had a heart attack ( Sorry 🙁 ) green tea speeds up the recovery of your heart cells and stops them from dying.
- Green tea is an anti-aging agent. I know you’re probably rolling your eyes at this one, but it really is really true. Green tea contains polyphenols which fight against free radicals. What that means is that it helps you fight aging and promotes longevity.
- Green tea also helps you lose weight. It’s not like any of those lose-weight-now dietary supplements, but it burns fat and naturally boosts your metabolism rate. Basically, green tea burns about 70 calories in a day which roughly amounts to 7 pounds a year.
- You really didn’t think I wasn’t going to include “great skin” on this list, did you? The antioxidants in green tea protect skin from the harmful effects of free radicals that cause wrinkling and aging, so yes. Green tea is good for your skin.
- The fluoride content in green tea really is quite high, so it helps keep your bones strong. A cup of green tea daily will preserve your bone density.
- By stopping the movement of glucose in fat cells, green tea prevents obesity. If you maintain a healthy diet, exercise regularly and drink green tea, you won’t have to ever worry about being obese.
- Of course, green tea also prevents you from catching a cold/flu. The vitamin C found in green tea also treats the common cold.
- Did you know that green tea helps with ear infection? Just soak a cotton ball in green tea and clean the infected ear!
- Green tea destroys bacteria and viruses that cause numerous dental diseases, and also slows the growth of bacteria that causes bad breath.
- I don’t need to tell you how much of a stress relief a cup of green tea can be. Amino acids found in green tea, help relieve stress and anxiety, so just reach for a cup instead of blowing your top.
This is just a fraction of the benefits I came across, but I hope I’ve been able to get you to at least consider picking up a cup if you aren’t already hooked on the stuff. There are tons of other benefits of green tea you probably wouldn’t imagine, like preventing arthritis, treating allergies, and some scientists in Japan have even found that Epigallocatechin Gallate found in green tea can stop HIV from binding to healthy immune cells. Amazing, no?
There are several brands available at stores worldwide, so it’s as simple as finding which pack/brand you love the most. It’s not just about refreshment; it’s about feeling and looking good. Have a cup today 🙂