June 16th 2012 will ever remain green in the minds of those who witnessed arguably Nigeria’s biggest and most creatively packaged male pageant; MR. UNIVERSE NIGERIA Contest.
The glitz, the glamour and the razzmatazz of the night could not have produced a better choice as winner as the judges picked Mr. Allen Ukwuru as winner of the maiden edition of the event. As winner of the Mr. Universe Nigeria, he will represent Nigeria at Model of the Universe, Panama as well as receive a cash prize and become the face of Kholyns Couture for the ensuing year. In addition he would appear in promotional campaigns for designers and sponsors, and travel with the team on the newly launched Ebony Fashion Fest Tour, with scheduled appearances in Dubai, Accra, Johannesburg, and Algeria.
Mr. Allen Ukwuru is presently on a tight workout routine as In less than 45days, he would be representing Nigeria amongst over 50 nations when BEST MODEL of the UNIVERSE holds in far away city of Panama.
Mr. Ukwuru states that he is “looking forward to representing Nigeria proudly at the Model of The Universe. I feel that I truly embody the characteristics for which the competition is known, namely identifying that man in the Universe who can best show his ‘strength, stamina, mental agility and determination to succeed in the face of adversity’. I am confident that I will do my best. I wish to thank the local Mr. Universe Nigeria organization, Santiago Roberts(president of the Organisation), and Mr. Chuks Collins (brand Manager) who have continually supported me since my emergence and also Mirs Joan Okorodudu who has also stepped in to assist with training and choreography and, of course, my family for their support.” THE GENTLE STRIDES OF ALLEN UKWURU
1. Allen Ukwuru was discovered by the organizers of LAW AWARDS YEAR 1 at the UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS and was nominated and won the best dressed law student, the most valuable player awards in soccer/athletics and the most handsome law student year 1.
2. In 2010/2011, he was the president of the Nigerian Federation of Catholic Student University of Lagos Chapter. He represented the organization at the Lagos arch-diocesan and also at the provincial level.
3. In 2011/2012, he won the MR. JAJA contest, becoming the ambassador for JAJA hall at the University of Lagos.
4. In the same year he was also elected as the assistant general secretary of JUSTICE OPUTA STUDENT CHAMBER at the University of Lagos.
5. He was again re-elected as the president of the Nigerian Federation of Catholic Student. During his tenure, a lot of events for the catholic students were organized, including the Nigeria Federation of Catholic Students week.
6. In 2012, he organized the MR JAJA CONTEST 2012.
– He is currently the vice-president of NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BENUE STATE STUDENT university of Lagos chapter,
– The deputy head of JUSTICE OPUTA STUDENT CHAMBER university of Lagos,
– And the MR. UNIVERSE NIGERIA 2012.
This young Nigerian Ambassador is sure busy, and I am definitely looking forward to seeing him do greater things for our country Nigeria.