#OneMicNaija supported tooxclusive.com in it’s #RiseOfTheReal competition held online
Victor Imoukhuede was a runner up and he won a cash prize, and the opportunity to perform at #OneMicNaija #AugustBreak
Here he tells us about his expectations, his music and more
1. What influences your style of music?
Everything around me! My experiences, people I meet, things around me. My music speaks of my feelings and is an outward expression and interpretation of my life view.
2. Have you attended any #OneMicNaija event and what was your experience like?
I have attended several One Mic Naija events, as I am a lover of live music. The live band is always awesome and I have enjoyed watching several aspiring musicians perform and then tracking their success and progress from there on as I believe One Mic Naija is the number one showcase for upcoming artistes in Nigeria. I am honoured and privileged to be part of the next edition.
3. It’s an interesting line up for #OneMicAug; whose set are you most excited about seeing and which of the performers are you looking forward to working with
Christine Ben-Ameh. I rate her music very highly and I think she’s a very talented songwriter and I know I’m going to enjoy her set. I’m also keen to watch and learn from Ese Peters’ performance. I’ve always wanted to be able to play a guitar and I love what acoustic instruments can bring to a live set.
4. Will this be your first live performance? What do you love most about live performances?
I’ve done live music in the past…but then I didn’t even know how to rap! Live performances are a unique opportunity to showcase both the performer and the musician in the artiste. I’m raring to go, as the One Mic Naija band is simply amazing. Those guys are musical and ubertalented.
5. What do you plan to bring to the #OneMicAug stage that would be unique and make a lasting impression
Hip Hop has to be believable. There is more to it than the jewellery and the rhymes. I’m not the trendiest person alive but my goal is for my performance to be both enjoyable and believable. Before this week, most people didn’t even know who I was. After my performance, they aren’t going to be able to stop talking about me. ☺
We feel like saying “Ghen Ghen” after reading this! #OneMicNaija #AugustBreak is on Sunday!