I arrived at work early this morning and like most people, i went on twitter to read the news and check out what was “buzzing”. To my shock, people were discussing the verbal “altercation” between rappers Modenine & Muna at the 2012 Nokia Don’t Break The Beat Competition.(apparently i was on Mars when this happened)..
Granted this is not my beef, but my issue is when people turn an argument between two celebrities and use it as an opportunity to spew vitriolic comments about the person they don’t support. Whatever happened to just being objective, giving constructive criticism or just keep it moving. Why must we make our insults extremely personal and hateful. It’s so disheartening the type of comments that people spew all in the name of “It’s just twitter”.
Comments like those below are highly unnecessary and immature:
1) “When you allow models & the likes do jobs meant for professionals, what you get: Mode9 & Muna fiasco”
2) “Muna is a disrespectful, talentless piece of shit that escaped being an albino by an inch”
3) “She didn’t say Mode9 should change his opinion. Why di he take it P? Nigga ain’t getting the p****”
4) “Let me not even imagine what Saucekid woulda done. Saucekid for shoot her immediately.”
5) “That’s why i don’t f*** with babes that do beauty pageant. None of them.”
Were some of these comments necessary? I mean what have the commenters shown besides the fact that they are extremely childish, silly and ignorant.
Like a colleague and i discussed at work, it would be nice if Mode 9 came out and issued a statement for his fans/supporters to keep it cool. You know calm the storm that is brewing (more like that has brewed)…
Moreover, after watching the video (which I’m sure some people on twitter didn’t do before jumping on the “i must comment by force bandwagon”), the following facts apply:
1) Muna was a host, and like DJ Jimmy Jatt said, should have played her role as a host instead of butting into the judges decision (unless she was told otherwise by the organizers that the opinion of the host for the show will be needed). A compere is a compere and a judge is a judge. Finito.
2) Muna should remember that she has to respect her peers and pioneers in the Nigerian rap game music industry.
3) Mode 9 shouldn’t have let Muna’s comments get him all riled up. There’s no if, buts, or what’s about it. He has nothing to prove. He will always be a rap legend. Period.
4) Muna, people will always think you’re not talented because you were an ex-beauty queen. It comes with the territory. Chin up lady.
Last to all the fans, please learn to critic and make comments objectively. All the unnecessary hating and vicious vindictiveness will get you nowhere.
Pass the mic!!!