The pleated skirt has finally graduated from a schoolyard staple to a trendsetter’s must-have item of the season. It’s comfort and wearability makes it perfect for day and night in both hot and cold temperatures, as long as you mix it with the right pieces. Coming in virtually every color of the rainbow, you can mix and match a pleated skirt with nearly anything, which is why I chose to highlight this trend.
They are the latest style for this season, and the plan is to wear them mid-length. The midi skirt is one which ends somewhere mid-calf, below your knees. I strongly feel that this kind of style is something that a girl needs to get comfortable with, i.e. she needs to feel that wearing this style of skirt is something that will look attractive, and not make her feel frumpy. Should you intend to go for the gathered style of midi skirt which hints at a retro 50s or even 70s look, try to keep the look modern by wearing them with statement pieces e.g a pair of chunky wedges.
HOW TO WEAR THE PLEATED SKIRT.
- When you wear a gathered or pleated midi skirt, your top or blouse should be fitted, and not loose. You can either tuck it into your waist band or tie at the waist.
- Make sure you choose the right length of skirt for your height. If you are petite then look for a midi skirt which falls just below the knee. If you are taller then you can wear the midi skirt longer with the hemline being around your mid-calf.
- Chunky wedges and flat sandals would be great for this style of skirt.
- Accessorizing is key for the look. Play with chunky necklaces, layered bangles, cocktail rings.
- Adding a belt to cinch your waist, balances this style.
- And lastly, it is very important to have fun while wearing the midi pleated skirt!!!