Nigeria is a unique country!
As if the Boko Haram crisis and people saying they would rather kill themselves than commit suicide weren’t bad enough, we get hit by the return of the killer number (and we thought only Nollywood movies did sequels).
With a specialized number of 091411, the news went viral as soon as it dropped on September, 14, 2011 (09/14/11) – Got 83 Broadcasts, 47 SMSes, 15 chain emails, 2 calls and one of the company’s drivers swore that a neighbour died after picking up the number.
I’ve asked him to get me proof and sure enough there wasn’t any …he said he didn’t know the neighbour that well, the next day. Heck! If this was true, how come it hasn’t made the NTA news yet?
Some peeps have said the mobile operators are behind this hoax since they stand to gain a few Naira from SMSing (I got 47 SMSes …I am 1 person out of an estimated 45 million mobile phone users …do the maths), others do swear that the killer number actually exists …hey who am I to say that tooth fairies don’t exist and besides has anyone (apart from Mistah Cole) seen White Noise? it’s a possibility!
But please if you do have proof on killer numbers, share them with us.
Anyway, I won’t knock anyone’s beliefs …what I’m here for is to actually show you how to play a killer number prank
Disclaimer: Do not play this on people with weak hearts or are really superstitious!!!
- Grab a friend’s phone or that of your evil boss without them knowing
- Look for your name on the phone
- Click on edit details
- Change your name found in the first name label from <fname> to 091411
- Delete any other name found in the last name label
- Leave your number as is
- Click save/done
- Return the phone without getting caught
- Put your phone on silent
- Dial your friend’s phone
- Viola! Killer number 091411 appears on the screen
- Get ready to watch your own reality show of “Friend acting out a scene from Scream“