Things mama taught me
- Don’t follow boys!
- The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach
- If you don’t learn from home, you’ll be shamefully taught from outside
- An African man would always be an African man, no matter how westernised he is
- Be an independent woman and men would respect you
- Your marriage would be intact if you remember no4 everyday you wake up.
- Your pride is the best thing you can ever have! Keep it
Things family has taught me
- Family is like duvet(the original one that is) they always keep you warm no matter the cold
- When everyone leaves, family chills
- Family loves you with all your mistakes and they take all the shit you throw at them
- Family never laughs at you no matter how funny that bad situation you are in is
- Family is always family
Things friends have taught me
- If you like follow the wrong boys, tissue would always be available. More available than the shoulder
- Whatever it is, we got your back. Don’t go and fight sha and expect us to come fight for you!
- Always buy your own things! Our friendship doesn’t share clothes, pants and bras and other funny things some friends share(I love this one! Reduces fights)
- Laughing is very important; so they always make that happen
What men have taught me
- Love with your heart not your head, part of your heart is the best
- Your heart is important, your vagina is more important
- Heartbreaks can be worse than being hit by a trailer
- You’d better watch your back else you’ll jonz
- Girls may run the world, but boys practically run the girls
- With a man you just have to sleep with one eye open, in fact don’t sleep at all
What life has taught me
- If you fail, you just have to dust yourself and try again
- Not everything is rosy
- Not all that glitters is gold
- You can only live it(life) once, so live it well
- You can make it, all you need is determination
- Life is a school you never graduate from.
What PHCN/NEPA has taught me
- Do not always raise your hopes when you see light
- Anything can happen at any time
- Trust isn’t an issue where they are concerned
- You must possess a generator! Whether you like it or not
All of these have helped shape me to become who I am and is still shaping me.
NB: I met Nobs and he isn’t bald! Where did that bald gist spring from?