There’s nothing I love more than a beauty trend that embraces our ethnic roots and the new braided up-do is a sure fire way to do it. Embracing ethnic textured hair is the latest beauty trend to find on the red carpet and in street styles. Braided up dos have elements of contrasts in its look as braided hair has never been perceived as a polished or ultra modern look but these red carpet divas are indeed proving us wrong by making ethnic textured hair look modern, chic and still somewhat edgy.
FAB MAGAZINE FASHION EDITOR: PEPPER OKWESA
DESIGNER: MAKI OH
- To pull off this look, you need a face with a soft bone structure so that your braided up do doesn’t look over powering.
- Steer clear from chunky jewellery overload, one or two pieces of chunky jewels is all you need. We don’t want you looking like an African gypsy.
- This up do takes practice and persistence, practice your hair twisting skills in the mirror a number of times before the big event.
- No trend can be pulled off without confidence, so own the look!
- Give your braided up do its own personality with jeweled hair slides.