We all want that vintage vibe in our wardrobe. That essence of an era gone by. And we want to cheery pick the sleekest, sexiest and most stylish look from it.
In recent years we have worn the best from the 20s and 30s, seen the rebirth and fading of the 80s, and we are just about to do it all again. But this time it is the 1970’s that is due for interpretation.
70s fashion is making waves and is sure to a be strong fashion force in 2011, so we’ll be getting lots of wear out of our seventies pieces from boho to sophisticated.
There’s an underlying confidence to this trend that’s key. Even the more demure looks need to be carried off with an air of sexuality and a sort of defiant independence.
To achieve a 70s day time look, here’s what to look out for when shopping:
– Clean, yet voluminous silhouettes;
– Earthy color palettes or bright colours in 70s style shapes;
– High waisted wide leg pants or flares or just regular trousers ranging from bootcuts to very wide leg cuts (so say goodbye to those skinnies – hallelujah);
– 70s influenced psychedelic and floral(major) prints in soft to bold colours;
– Neat bow-blouses especially those with bishop sleeves;
– Hot pants (daisy dukes) they are the ultimate 70s item and not for the faint hearted or hairy or chubby;
– Longer skirts
– Jumpsuits are still in in varying shapes and fabrics
– Halter neck tops to dresses (depending on fabric type it would work for day and evening).
As the 70s was really popular with night parties with the likes of Bianca Jagger coming out of Studio 54, party outfits are not left out of the trend. In a country where events never stops happening, you should look out for the following;
– Shimmering pieces;
– Cuts that tightly hug or drape over the body;
– Sheer fabrics from shirts to long dresses to jumpsuits;
– Tuxedo Jackets in luxe fabrics
For those that don’t buy into trends immediately, you don’t have have to change your wadrobe you can dose up your current wadrobe with very chic 70s inspired accessories.
– Try lots of piled up bangles;
– Cocktail rings;
– Long chain necklaces with pendants;
– Long leather satchel bag for day time look and a purse with a long strap for night time;
– Floppy hats;
– Re-invented platform shoes to wedges;
– Cat eyes Sunglasses;
– Hair corsages.
With all of these tips you can most definitely get your Boogie on for your wardrobe change. So watchu waiting for?