I am not an Arsenal fan, but I must admit….I joined numerous Nigerians in supporting Arsenal all the way against BIG SPENDERS Manchester City F.C. over the weekend.
I saw the game at Bungalows and the atmosphere was charged…from young to old, white to black, from drunk to stable…everyone was there to see the GUNNERS show no mercy on City. Arsenal get supporters sha, our waiter fashied our order and concentrated on the game for a few minutes.
I must admit, I did not like the way Arsenal Fans flooded Facebook and Twitter with different congratulatory messages and uploading their BB pictures a zillion times, but I believe it was a well deserved victory… please enjoy match details and highpoints:
• It was payback time for that tall Togolese, Emmanuel Adebayor… this time last year he taunted Arsenal supporters with a crazy celebration….Well this time around; he was quiet all day, despite his hat-trick during the week.
• Although Man City was a man down with just 5 minutes into the game, it was a well deserved victory for Arsenal, who showed signs of zeal and determination especially in the second half.
• Money can’t buy you everything….A young Arsenal team destroyed or better still battered a side who spent 100 million pounds over the summer on new signings.
• This was Man City’s heaviest home defeat since January 2007.
• For us, Manchester United supporters we thank Arsenal for making the title battle open, now all 3 teams (Arsenal, Man Utd and Man City) have equal points, 17.
• Arsenal dominated the game, from start to finish with 62% possession as compared to Man City’s 38%.
• Nasri and Chamakh were impressive; even Arsenal’s number 2 goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski was not left out, with two wonderful saves during the game.
• Arsenal youngsters are maturing fast and Sunday’s win proved this.
Words on the Game:
Arsene Wenger: “It was important to us to get a win in a big place to strengthen belief and continue our march forward. I think collectively we completely dominated the game. I hope that will give us the belief and confidence to take into other games.”
Roberto Mancini: “I think against Arsenal it is difficult to play 11 versus 11. Ten against 11 is worse but it is my opinion that we if played 11 against 11 we would have won this game.”
By the way, do you know that Hernandez scored the two goals that sealed the victory for Manchester United…Yeah, I know u guys are aware…Just kidding…This weekend belonged to Arsenal…it feels good to see Arsenal fans happy and hopeful once again.
Till next week.