In addition to unveiling the Galaxy Note 3 smartphone and Galaxy Gear smartwatch, Samsung also announced a new tablet during its IFA 2013 Unpacked event, the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition.
The second-generation Galaxy Note 10.1 model is also a 10.1-inch tablet, just like its predecessor that was unveiled at MWC 2012.
The new tablet will still be made of plastic, and it will share the design and features of the Galaxy Note 3 smartphone. We’re looking at a “warm and textured back cover with stitching” which should “inspire a sense of elegance and sophistication. Even a Home button is present, something the original Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet did not have to offer.
Specs and features
Here are the main specs and features of the new tablet:
- Size: 243.1 x 171.4 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 535g
- 10.1-inch WQXGA Super clear LCD (2560 x 1600 resolution)
- 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor (LTE version) / 1.9GHz octa-core Exynos 5 Octa processor (3G/Wi-Fi version)
- 3GB of RAM
- 16/32/64GB of storage
- microSD support up to 64GB
- 8-megapixel camera with BSI sensor, and LED flash
- 2-megapixel camera with BSI sensor
- Wi-Fi ac/a/b/g/n (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth 4.0
- USB 2.0
- GPS, GLONASS
- S Pen
- 8220mAh battery
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz on top and Samsung features (the tablet will offer the same software features that will be available on the Galaxy Note 3)
Release date and pricing
While the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet is called the “2014 Edition,” the tablet will be launched in various markets starting with the third quarter – which means it will hit Nigeria in a couple of months
When it comes to connectivity options, Samsung will sell three Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) versions including a Wi-Fi-only model, a Wi-Fi and 3G model, and a Wi-Fi and LTE(4G) version.
TheTega – has written 406 posts on this site.
"Tega is a writer, a Deltan/Lagosian Hybrid, Speaks English and Spanish, and a lover of all things Mobile and Sports