360 No BullShit recently caught up with the new cat on the block - Akitoye Balogun aka Ajebutter 22 to have a chit-chat.
Enjoy the interview below
Ajebutter 22′s Career
- What is your educational background?
I went to primary and secondary school in Lagos, Greenwood house and ISL respectively before I moved to England for university in 2007 at the University Of Leeds.
- How did you get started in music?
I started in a duo with my sister in 2009 called Soyinka’s Afro.
After she moved back to Nigeria in 2010 I started doing my own thing.
- What has been the most rewarding part of your job?
The fans to be honest, you go to certain places to perform where you’ve never met a soul and they know your lyrics word for word, it makes it feel worth it. Plus meeting some of my idols growing up and actually working with them.
- Do you face any challenges?
Of course, as a new artist in the industry there is always challenges getting yourself out there and getting known plus gaining your own identity and paying your dues, free shows and all its all part of the learning curve.
- What events/shows have you been a part of in Nigeria?
In the last two months I’ve been part of Beat of Lagos, Naija Comedy Awards, Hennessy Artistry and a couple of others.
- Your new single ‘Omo Pastor‘ is it from your upcoming album, tell us what inspired the track?
Omo Pastor is from a project I’m working on with studio magic (producers) called ‘Anytime Soon’. The song wasn’t inspired by any person in particular more like a collection of experiences or an observation of a stereotype.
Ajebutter22 - Omo Pastor ft BOJ (1.7 MiB, 2,820 hits)
- How many songs will be on your debut album and how many more singles do you hope to release in 2013?
I have absolutely no idea the answer to that question. When I’m done putting out ‘Anytime Soon’ then I can think of my debut album.
Ajebutter 22′s Style
- You always make a statement on the red carpet, do you work with a stylist, if so, who?
Thank you, most times I dress myself, but recently I’ve used Kimono who is also a stylist he hooks me up with blazers and some other dope stuff whenever I need.
- What are your fashion staple pieces?
I tend to always wear my Nike blazers when I’m performing and I like prints a lot so most times I’m wearing something with one kind of print or the other. Plus I always have an African touch whether it be a dashiki or whatever.
- If you could define your personal style in 3 words, what would they be?
Ajebutter 22′s Life
– How do you stay motivated in this cluttered entertainment industry?
I’m a new artist so I still have that hunger of wanting to be an established name in the industry and that’s what has kept me going so far.
- If you weren’t an artist, what would you be doing?
Id probably be an engineer working on some oil rig somewhere in the north sea.
- Where do you go for a quiet time?
I just chill out with my family and friends, tension guys in FIFA, hang out in bogobiri or terra-kulture or watch something in the theater.
Ajebutter22 - Senrere ft Taymi B (4.7 MiB, 1,590 hits)