The world of fashion is always presenting us with new “it” items for every season and, while there are those who scurry off and buy something brand new in accordance with the trend, some would much rather use something they already have. This is why it really isn’t that much of a surprise that the accessory scarf is a huge trend guys right now.
Generally, a scarf is an easy way to dress up an otherwise plain outfit and create visual interest. But until recently men would hardly wear scarves, limiting themselves to watches and ties like their forefathers.
Now, men seem to have caught up with the females and are running with this fab trend. I mean, what’s not to love? Scarves work with both casual and formal outfits, they are cheap AND stylish, and you can get them in several colors, lengths, and patterns.
And that’s another thing – Color. A lot of men are understandably reluctant to experiment with colors, but it just so happens that it’s the most important aspect of this trend. In my opinion, a scarf looks extremely sexy on a guy when the color is bold. But I’m not saying you should just pick whatever random color and throw it on. It has to complement your outfit.
A purple or sky blue scarf will definitely stand out and attract some attention, so it’s important to make sure your outfit is in muted tones like black, white or grey. This shouldn’t be a problem as men usually don’t wear a lot of bold colors.
Another important aspect of this trend is how to wear/knot your scarf. Women have been doing it for ages, but some guys are kind of still in the dark. There are several how-to sites you could look up, but here are some basic ways to do it:
1. Grab the scarf with both hands and fold it lengthwise.
2. Place the scarf around your neck and insert the ends through the loop created by the fold of the scarf.
3. Let the ends hang down in front of you, and adjust the tightness of the knot and the thickness of the scarf by doubling the scarf lengthwise, if so desired.
Loose Once-Around Knot
1. Drape the scarf around your neck, allowing one end to be longer than the other.
2. Tie a very loose knot just below the neck, making it look as if you just threw the scarf on while running out the door.
3. Adjust the scarf to vary the tightness and to make sure the ends are still uneven.
1. Lay the scarf around your neck, placing one end much lower than the other.
2. Take the long end of the scarf and lightly wrap it around your neck once and then repeat it.
3. Make sure the ends are even once the scarf is wrapped around your neck twice. It may take a few times to get the ends even, but once you have practiced it a few times, you should be able to do it on the first try from then on
Pretty easy, yeah?
Scarves are great accessories mostly because they make a statement without going over the top and/or overshadowing your outfit. Also, fall/winter is upon us and scarves keep you nice and toasty
Wearing a scarf might be easy, but it sometimes takes a lot of confidence to pull it off. And what’s sexier than a confident man in a scarf?